Okay guys, haven’t been able to do much with my Tumblr account for a while since my new job has really taken off! So here is what is going on:
- I will be releasing a nutrition book in a few weeks. Also going to do a sports nutrition section in a book my coworker is writing.
- I am going to take the ISSN CISSN cert exam in the next couple of weeks
- I have started a nutrition program at my gym and that has really taken off
- constantly getting more one on one clients that are staying on in addition to coaching classes
- Doing a low back work shop this upcoming Sunday
- As many of you know Maura (diaryofagymrat) and I are engaged. Our date is next October 31st (yup, on Halloween!)
- Going to be doing a cookbook and a low back pain book in the future
Debating whether or not to do a Strongman competition in October with my boss
Q:Thanks for the advice it is very much appreciated Also im a large fan
No problem! And thanks! Haven’t been able to use Tumblr a lot with my new job so I apologize for that.
Q:Hey chasing a bit of insight, I've been lifting for about a year and half but recently ( about the last 3 months) my progress in building muscle just seems to have stopped any advice would be appreciated.
- You’re no longer a beginner so things are going to go much slower now
- You need better programming
- You need to eat better, supplement around your workout better, and possible get better rest/recovery
- You might need to change things up a bit. If you did barbell bench press first in your workouts, do it last now for 3-4 weeks. Same thing with squats or deadlifts.
Not much else to say. Now that your getting more advanced, things are going to go much slower. You might be at the same weight for 3 months and jump 5-10 lbs in one month. Or just gaining 1-2 lbs a month might be all you can do. Programing should look a 3-4 month blocks and you need to look at the year as well. Remember, even if you gain 2 lbs a month, that’s still 24 lbs a year in muscle.
Q:you're always so helpful. thanks for taking time out of your day to answer all of our questions!
Not a problem!!!
Q:Lately my whey protein has been giving me a stomach ache and I've been thinking of switching to another type of protein powder. Any recommendations? Also, any suggestions for workouts that can be done without a gym? My gym membership is costing me far too much with my limited budget.
Body weight or band workouts, or find a new gym.
Get a better quality whey protein or whey isolate. Or switch to a beef or egg protein powder.
Q:how come sometimes my body is filled out and looks good and the next day it can look not as tight/kinda skinny fat like?
That’s the interstitial water under your skin. Depends on what you are eating, water, and your workouts. If you have a lot of salt, inflammation from working out, eat a poor diet, or too many carbs then you might look softer.